Sunday, March 06, 2005

"The Return"

Post-CRS is always fun. Fun in the same way it would be if a friend asked to taste your 15 year old Grand Marnier and slammed it. Inside joke, and apologies to my buddy Dave Steele.

First let me say, I won't be attending another CRS without my wife. One reason is, she brings a whole new level of fun to the festivities. She's popular with my friends, she hangs with me and gives me something to smile about.

Another reason is "the return." Here's a dialogue from this morning:

She: So how many 20 year olds hit on you?

Me: Well, when there is an abundance of 20 year old MALES in the room, usually the 20 year old female will hit on them. Not some 40 year old.

She: good way of dodging the question.

(silence for a minute or two while we watched the dog shit in the yard)

She: so did (assumed name to protect the innocent) Susie Smith tell you what kind of underwear she was wearing?

Side note: a few years ago my wife intercepted a harmless email between "Susie" and me regarding underwear. "Susie" is known for her flirtatiousness and it's all harmless. I was merely engaging her in conversation, giving it back, as it were. In fact, I believe I had told her I was wearing "underoos."
Me: (silence for effect, only a smile)

She: another dodge.

Me: (hug) I love you. Next year, you're going WITH me.


The return is always interesting. By the way, she never asked me how many clients I had run into, or how many new clients I had developed.

Women.

2 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Hey! Tell Tawnya Feb. 28 was A LONG TIME AGO. New posting, pls. I'm hungry.

Anonymous said...

Ok… For the inside joke folks... A fine, silky smooth drink is Grand Marnier. It has an even more refined, exquisite counter part called Grand Marnier 150. It's a very old, very delicious beverage for the refined palette, as well, it’s VERY expensive to enjoy. Nothing gives me more pleasure than ordering a 1 ounce shot at $35.00 a pop, only to be asked if I would allow someone (Dave Morris) to take a sip... at which point, he finds it unbearably hysterical to SLAM such fine liquor like a friggin tequila shot. You dumbass, I could have kicked you around the room like a member of Osama Bin Laden’s crew in a military prison. You owe me $35.00, or 2 shots of Grand Marnier 150.