Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Opposite Day

Childish, I am. So I'm thinking about "opposite day," an event (usually occurring once per week, except in the second week of each month when it's twice) that we always celebrate around the Morris compound.

But I was confounded earlier by a thought. If you announce that today is opposite day, (and that's really the only way we know when it is, there's no opposite day calendar) doesn't that really make it NOT opposite day? Therefore, does opposite day ever really occur at all?

(pausing to let the incredible depth of that concept sink in)

A sad thing it would be if there were no "opposite day." I would almost never be right, it would never ever be my turn... and I really WOULD be guilty of relations with sheep.

Oh come on, it's not like I do that every day.

Only about once a week. Second week twice.

No comments: