Sunday, March 20, 2005

I thought George Bush was different

Silly me. According to MSNBC.com:

"President Bush rushed back from his Texas ranch for a chance to sign the measure that Republicans view as an opportunity to strengthen their support among religious conservatives ahead of next year’s congressional elections."


I seem to remember President Bush staying put at his Texas ranch when a Tsunami killed over 200,000 people. But a political opportunity arises in the Schiavo case, and he's on a plane to Washington DC to build his political capital among the ultra-right faster than you can say "Laura, get me my flight suit."

I am a 65/35 moderate conservative. George Bush was someone I thought might be different than the PAC.

It appears I was wrong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why oh why would you think Bush was any different?

Anonymous said...

Because he wanted to try to help save a woman from starving, he is being political. I would not even let a stray animal go hungry, much less a human

Dave Morris said...

I understand your point, but where was Tom DeLay and the others the last time there was a family dispute over removal of life support? It is the right of the patient to choose their destiny in these situations according to the laws of the U-S.

Most believe there were politics involved in all the posturing, that's all I'm saying. It's perfect timing, as campaigns rev up for the next cycle. If not, I'm wrong... but it at least appears that way to me.