Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Quick political note, then I'll shut up

It slays me that some ultra conservative groups are opposing Harriet Miers' appointment to the supreme court based solely on lack of evidence that she would overturn Roe v. Wade. Doesn't it make more sense to oppose her appointment based on the fact that she has no record AT ALL and has never been a judge a day in her life?

The last critical failure of an appointed person based on lack of experience was waaaaaay back in... gosh, you have to go all the way back to September. Ah, cronyism. Isn't it great?

I go on record in opposition of her appointment because of the name Harriet.*



*And THAT'S coming from a person who had a Grandma Blanch. God rest her soul, miss you Grandma.

2 comments:

Me! said...

I told one of the attorneys in my office today that they could have been the next Supreme Court nomination. They just didn't live in Texas under a Bush.

Weary Hag said...

You know how politically attached I am. Still, can't shut me up where comments are concerned, can you?

I thought Harriet died a few years before Ozzie. Silly me.