Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Get the suicide hotline number ready, it's another segment of dull facts about Dave

31- I am more able to hit the tricky shots in pool than the straight-on shots. I don’t take time to really aim on any my pool shots, for some reason.

32- I skydived from a height of 14,000 feet in 1995 with a buddy. The only jump suit they had in my size was pink and blue. I added a third color on the way down.

33- I am a Taurus. However I am not stubborn, don’t knock things over in a china shop, and have never charged full-speed at a red piece of cloth. Okay, maybe I’m stubborn. And there was that one time with the red cloth…

34- If I ever entrust you with information about my income or other similar personal information, you are obviously a VERY close friend. I am a very private person.

35- I have one pair of tennis shoes. I don’t understand the significance of that fact, but maybe it means something.

36- Throughout my single life, I dated mostly brunettes. Yet most of the famous women I find attractive are blonde.

37- I have a fascination with watches. I have a Breitling I bought in the Virgin Islands that has almost doubled in value because it is one of only a thousand made.

38- I tend toward the sarcastic side with my sense of humor. Sometimes people don’t realize when I’m joking… must be the poker face.

39- I have a thing about crabgrass. It’s an anxious time of year for me, hoping the timing of my pre-emergence was spot-on.

40- I never understood mincemeat pie. I don’t even know what it is. I’m comfortable not knowing.

8 comments:

Weary Hag said...

From one Taurus to another, happy birthday Dave! Mine's coming in a couple of weeks. The big 5 0. As my name would indicate, I've earned every gray strand on my head and every wrinkle on my face.
I really enjoy your lists. It's funny how we don't know a person (in full) from Adam, yet we can be so intrigued by little facts about them.
(by the way, I do kinda migrate toward red dresses for some reason)
Fun post! Now go do something special for yourself.

phoenix said...

All shots in pool have become tricky for me with age and the fact I am going blind, but I know that is not your excuse :)

Hmmmmm no mention of redheads here...

Just one pair of pair of tennies here too, new fashion statement?

Watches? What are those?

phoenix said...

Oh Yea

*sung slightly off key*

Happy Birthday to youuuuu
Happy Birthday to youuuuu
Happy Birth day dear Daaaaaaaveeeeee
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!!!
(I swear I didn't screetch the high note! Honest!) :)

Dave Morris said...

Gary, coming from a person who routinely kicks my ASS at pool, I'll take that as a compliment. And about those watches, if you'll look in my watch case, you'll see how much I like the watches you gave me.

Carol, thanks for the wishes. We Tauri must remind ourselves we're special people... and 1/12 of the population!

Phoenix, it's ironic that redheads tend to get forgotten for some reason, yet they tend to stand out from the rest of the crowd. My Mom is a redhead, my Grandmother was a redhead - and I LOVE redheads. I have only dated one, though. And your singing is absolutely marvelous... thank you so much.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

But mincemeat pie is the most fantabulous ever! The real stuff that is. The "real stuff" is pie made of shredded venison. The imitation stuff is rotgut city.

Kerouaced said...

You sarcastic? I would have never guessed...

Anonymous said...

I love the skydiving story. I can't believe you did such a thing voluntarily. It would take a judge with a creative sense of sentencing to ever get me out of a plane at 14,000 feet.

Spinning Girl said...

Blondes like guys named Dave.