Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Rulin' the School


What has happened to kids in the U.S.? Now there are fights between N. O. students and their Houston host students.

"The confrontation about respect and which group of students controlled the school had been brewing since late last week, according to students and parents."

Note to students: TEACHERS AND ADULTS "control the school," dumbasses.

Why do gangs, violence and blood play such a big part at schools today? I still believe a major part of it can be attributed to MTV, gangsta rap and hip-hop glorifying the lifestyle. It's somehow cool to speak in ebonics, "buss a cap," call women bitches... frankly I'm sick of it. My own daughter is influenced by it, and when I see that influence surface in her speech and attitude, it makes me want to puke.

I'm a pretty open, progressive guy, but I'm disgusted with some of the things society embraces. It's frightening and sickening.

Thanks to Chris Cope for pointing out the story.

7 comments:

Lee Ann said...

You are right. Everyone is too worried about being "politically correct". JUST be an authority figure and handle it.

Anonymous said...

Damn, I love this blog more every time I read it.

I totally agree: MTV is corrupting the young.

... said...

I don't agree with teh corruption angle necessarily but I totally agree that the adults/educators should be in charge of the school.

School boards have gotten so caught up in trying to make everyone happy these days that education, discipline and social development of young people has gone out the window.

Great post.

Spinning Girl said...

I have so much I could say about this.

What's most important is that parents be super-involved in their kids' lives, especially teens. Family needs to be central, not friends.


aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I have so much to say that I can't say anything!!!

Amandarama said...

Wow. I really like working in my little suburban school that lacks gangs and urban influence. Yup. I'm going to retire here.

Weary Hag said...

I don't agree with the "our society has gone to shit" theory. Thirty-five years ago (count em, 35) I had my ass kicked to high heaven in the midst of a massive racial riot at high school.
We haven't "gone to shit" ... we just haven't done a blessed thing to put an end to it.

kimberlina said...

what a great post! as for political correctness, i think there's a time and place for it and that it can be a good thing. but i definitely feel that much of what we see and are advertised upon is corrupting many values far faster than anything has ever done. very insidious and covert-like. and i hate rappers who glorify violence and over-sexuality and money.

*sigh*

faith in humanity -3.