Tuesday, September 13, 2005

B-B-B-But... it's a SATURN

I'm trying to be open minded about Saturns. I just saw a commercial for this new SKY:

I will need to test drive one of those. I want a convertible to drive as a weekend fun car, and was previously thinking I'd get another BMW. (the Z4 below)



They look fairly similar, but I'm sure the SKY won't cost as much as the BMW. I'll have to drive both to decide. But KUDOS to Saturn for entering the world of sports cars. Now if we can just forget it's a Saturn. (I'm a car snob and I hate myself for it, but I can't help it so shut up)

I'm getting car fever again. Dammit, somebody stop me.

8 comments:

Spinning Girl said...

Ummm, I'm pretty sure I don't have anything planned for that day, in case you need a navigator.

I LOVE CONVERTIBLES!!!!

saurav said...

WOW !!! I love them......

Lee Ann said...

Hey, that looks good! Let me know what you think once you test drive it.

Amandarama said...

Not bad! Mr. Scoop is a proud owner of a Toyota MR2 Spyder. No complaints here :)

Weary Hag said...

Hm. Hot little cars there, Dave. One question - what happens when you go to pick up that bikini-clad damsel in distress with a flat tire and she has two of her good looking friends with her? I hope there's a lot of trunk space. In fact, don't bother test driving, just check the size of the trunk.

Just sayin.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Cars are only useful for getting from here to there. So pick up a used Nash Metropolitan and quit whining.

(That is, unless you were planning to attract some "action." Then the Saturn might be a better choice.)

Chris Cope said...

I think I have the perfect weekend car for you, Dave. Right here. The SKY looks nice, but it's obviously going to have some of the usual GM foibles (i.e., it is going to fall apart quick). My wife and I owned an SL2 a few years ago and it started acting up. We took it into the dealership and they told us that we needed $3,000 in repairs.
"What?!" I yelped. "What the hell is wrong with it?"
"Well, you need this sensor and this sensor and this sensor..."
"Wait. These are all sensors. There's nothing actually wrong with the car?"
"Well, uhm, not that we can tell."
Needless to say, I left. I sold the car two weeks later.

Spinning Girl said...

vroom.