Friday, September 23, 2005

Dave's Wheel of News, Friday Edition

Is there NOTHING but bad news out there? Wow. Let's get started.

____________________


''Our worst fears came true. The levee will breach if we keep on the path we are on right now, which will fill the area that was flooded earlier,'' Barry Guidry with the Georgia National Guard."


Here we go again in New Orleans. Rita is apparently causing re-flooding, with 2 feet of water in some neighborhoods that had been pumped dry. Most of the flooding is caused by the topping of a repaired levee by Rita's water and winds.

These people can't get a break. I can't imagine how they were considering letting people back into the city. They will need to completely rebuild that levee system before they repopulate, in my opinion. Clearly they cut corners and wasted money the first time. Government inaction.

Hurricanes kill!

____________________


A bus fire makes a bad situation worse.

"A bus carrying elderly Hurricane Rita evacuees from the Houston area burst into flames outside Dallas before dawn Friday, killing at least 24 people trapped inside, officials said."


What do you want to bet that someone sparked up a smoke in that closed bus with oxygen tanks everywhere? I guarantee that's what happened.

Nicotine kills!

____________________


A boxer dies of his injuries.

"There'll be a lot of people who'll take pokes at boxing for this. We can be better for protecting our athletes. But this was not a situation where anyone failed Leavander Johnson," said DiBella, who knew Johnson for more than 10 years. "It was just God's will..."


What? You think God intended dude to climb into a ring with another man and pummel each other with blows to the brain until mortally injured... for money? You're a stupid sonofabitch.

Boxing kills!

_____________________


Finally some good news - and thank God!

"A cosmetics company that yesterday said it was considering dropping Kate Moss from its advertising campaigns, announced today that it welcomed her apology for 'letting people down' after she had been pictured allegedly snorting cocaine."


I was really concerned about Kate Moss losing her endorsement deal. Now I can stop holding my breath, it looks like she'll get another chance.

Kate Moss kills!

6 comments:

V said...

I was just thinkin' the same thing. I think we're living in the end times.

P.S. Why do I feel compelled to use your name at the end of every opening sentence when I post? I almost put Dave up there, but I took it out so's not to be redundant. Anyone else have that problem? :)

CowgirlUP said...

I feel like the world is coming to an end with all this disaster! We just have to do our part to keep the mood up.
P.S. Thanks for checking out my site. I would love to get in touch and talk about some career options. Give me an email sometime. up.cowgirl@gmail.com
P.S.S my name is Bobbe :o)

Anonymous said...

I fell asleep to the news and had a horrible nightmare that lasted all night.

How about that bus full of old people, huh?

Spinning Girl said...

I'm gonna go take 8 lorazipam and sleep til it's over.

Rob Seifert said...

Scary stuff. But wow, Supermodels doin blow! Go figure! What's the world coming to? ;-)

RCS

Weary Hag said...

Well, coming here post-Rita, we now know we'll still have to look elsewhere to fuel our "god-damned satanic smokers" hate campaign.

Those poor elderly folks though - I can't imagine the horror.

The supermodel bit, well that's really old, old news, except someone snapped a photo this time.