Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Mesmerizing


I was completely beguiled* by the coverage of the JetBlue emergency landing at LAX this evening. They flew around for 3 hours burning off fuel (I actually calculated how much that cost in my head, 'bout 75 grand) so they could land without the fear of a major explosion.

The pilot should be commended, he handled it perfectly. MSNBC and FOX coverage were absolutely fantastic. Being Mr. Softy, I had a lump when the plane rolled to a stop on that runway.


*I pride myself in occasional use of anomalous words. That one I'm not proud of... but I WAS pretty beguiled, so screw you.

3 comments:

Spinning Girl said...

Goos bumps!!!

Spinning Girl said...

"Goos" is Estonian for "goose". (not really)

Anonymous said...

How about that landing. I watched it live and was so waiting for that front gear to collapse. That pilot did a great job.