Wednesday, May 18, 2005

More personal data

On a quest to evoke a worldwide mass-vomit, more Dave details:

41- I once went on a field trip on a cruise ship in 1st grade in California. It made all the other field trips I’ve taken (park, planetarium, museum, etc.) seem really shitty.

42- I am ambid… ambidex… uh, I can use both hands for most anything. When I write with my left hand, I tend to write backwards, and it looks nearly perfect in a mirror.


43- We couldn’t afford new shoes when I was a kid, so I wore what I had. They became so small on me, it caused a severe ingrown nail on my left foot that required plastic surgery to fix.

44- When I was a kid, I couldn’t get through the day without watching Johnny Sokko and his Flying Robot. I was also a Trekkie when I was younger. I realize this makes me a freak, and I’m okay with it.

45- I have finally decided which part of the female body I like most. The tummy. Followed closely by the butt. It’s taken me 25 years to decide that.

46- I am not an easy person to get to know, I tend to keep my cards close to my vest.

47- My favorite movie is “Field of Dreams.” I can hardly ever get through it without tears. And of course I mean the manly kind of tears.

48- I am a very strict Dad, yet I believe both of my kids would consider me fair. I think parents generally are too easy on their kids.

49- I recently bought a microwave burrito at Quick Trip for dinner. It’s the first time I have eaten anything out of a convenience store microwave in 18 years. About 2 hours later, I remembered why.

50- If you’re a teacher, I think you should be paid a well-above-average salary. And you should earn it by taking extra time with each student so none of them fail.

10 comments:

Arjun said...

:lol:
Great post. You seem to be doing a great deal of introspection these days, Dave. Wish I could write backwards, with my left hand, too!

Anonymous said...

I got food poisoning from a 7 Eleven hot dog once.

Avoid those things.

And ditto on the tummy.

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

I love eating at convenience stores. Beef jerky, nachos with chili and cheese, energy drinks... all the manna of life.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

"Dreams" is not bad tearjerker-wise. I always cried at Tarzan flics.

Anonymous said...

What is it about the female tummy that is so appealing to you? Inquiring minds want to know ... OKayyy .. a nosey woman wants to know.

Chris Cope said...

I've long felt that teachers should be ridiculously well-paid -- on par with doctors and lawyers. I'm not just saying that because my mom is a teacher.
But I will say this because I'm a member of the Global Media Conspiracy: I think journalists should also be paid ridiculously well. There should also be a licensing process, to filter out crap journalists. Those of us around before the process should be grandfathered in (I don't think I could pass the test).

Kerouaced said...

These lists are great. I'm glad though that you didn't go on about what you can do with both your hands...

Weary Hag said...

Still cracking up at kerouaced's comment and trying to dismiss the visual.
Needless to say, I'm really into the list thing these days. I just get such a kick out of your writings. Always makes me feel like we're visiting in the living room over tea. It takes great skill to be able to "transport" your readers that way ya know.

Raehan said...

These are fun!!

Field of Dreams was one of my father's favorite movies. I like it, too. He was a dreamer, for sure, and that was a good thing.

My mom only got one pair of shoes a year and her toes are still a bit deformed because of it.

I agree completely about the teachers. Find good ones and give them incentive to stay. A teacher should be able to support a family on their pay.

What's Quick Trip? Or do I not want to know?

On to the next one above.

Dave Morris said...

Couchie, yeah. 40 does that to you I guess.

LBB, they become like a stick of tomain paste after just so long on that warmer.

BRFA, I spent most of the day driving today, and a large bag of jerky with fierce grape gatorade is what sustained me.

Hoss, it's especially sad when Tarzan gets alone with Jane and doesn't know what to do with his pecker. Makes me cry every time.

Unknown (Angie) I'm not sure, I like just a subtle little pooch right below the navel. The tummy is a great place to plant kisses too.

Chris, ditto on journalists, it would certainly weed them out and lord knows we need that.

Kerouaced, I always know just where to stop so not many groceries are blown.

Carol, from you a compliment is pure gold - and any advice is appreciated. By the way, I prefer Earl Grey tea, if that's okay.

Raehan, that movie just warms my heart. Although I'm a techie, I'm also a big fan of simpler times. Baseball takes me there.