I heard news this morning of a client station of mine in San Francisco who flipped formats yesterday. Obviously my work with them is over, which I take personally... although I have 64 other stations. But my friends who worked there have all been let go. They are all good people and will land on their feet. Ray, Rick, Katie... let me know what I can do to help.
Ronald Reagan was famous for saying he didn't leave the Democratic party, they left him. I am beginning to feel the same about the Republicans. Every day they are representing me less. Although still I lean in that direction, I take exception with several recent moves.
Terri Schiavo is one example. What a cluster-#$%^. Need I say more?
Bankruptcy reform is another. That sort of reform should begin at the top, with corporations who file for bankruptcy... yet continue to pay their officers' exorbitant salaries. The employees lose their jobs and retirement, and the CEO still walks away with millions? If anything needs reform, THAT does. Should it be more difficult for anyone to file bankruptcy? Absolutely. But it should start at the top.
Republicans have been changing rules whenever it serves them lately. Tom DeLay violates campaign rules, which makes him ineligible to continue as majority leader. So instead of following protocol and picking a new majority leader... Republicans decide to just change the rules? Bullshit.
And now they want to do away with ability to filibuster judicial nominees. Come on, guys. Changing rules to suit your needs make you look like dicks, especially in light of the DeLay scandal. Let it rest.
And get away from religion for a while. It's okay to be religious, just don't consider religion when you model laws that govern our land. There are lots of people in this country, you need to represent them all... not just those of your own faith. You're losing the center - and you'd do well to remember you cannot win without them.
All politicians: people are starting to call bullshit on you. I feel a ground-swell, and anyone who doesn't has their head in the sand.
I'm sorry, but it's May 12 and I seem to have forgotten my friend Kim's birthday. Happy birthday girl, hope you're doing well!
Today's great musical line: "I'm crying like a church on Monday." I couldn't find a really cool line about Thursdays. Sorry.
A friend sent me this:
The Washington Post's Mensa Invitational once again asked readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are this year's winners:
1. Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
2. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
3. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
4. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
5. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period.
6. Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
7. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
8. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
9. Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
10. Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
11. Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes,right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.
12. Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
13. Glibido: All talk and no action.
14. Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
15. Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.
And the pick of the literature:
18. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
Have a spanky day.