Friday, May 06, 2005

Friday already?

I blinked my eyes and it's Friday.

I must say things have gone awry in the world of Dave in the past month, without getting into details. Awry in a personal way, not professional... I'm doing fine there.

But in my mind right now is a predominance of negative stuff. And I hate when that happens, it makes my writing sound negative. (in case you hadn't noticed on your own) So I wanted to stand before you for just a moment of emotional nudity and say I'm not always such a negative person.

In that spirit, I will now make note of some of my favorite positive things:

My kids.
My dog Regis.
Japanese maple trees.
Good health.
Mailmen with a check.
My cat Kramer.
Anheuser Busch.
Advil, to make mornings-after liveable.
My friends.
Habaneros, jalapenos and other 'Os that are spicy.
Comedy Central.
Mornings.
Strawberry concretes.
Black coffee.
Mom/Dad.
Finally, and actually firstly... my wife.

Okay, look. Dave's posted something positive, non-sarcastic, non-cynical and actually uplifting. You're welcome.

Things will get back to normal soon. I hope. Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

How could a person list so many positive things and omit bananas?

I don't know what the world is coming to.

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

Oh joyous life!

I like breathing a lot, and it just gets better from there.

Dr. Mike said...

Waking up in a familiar place is a pretty positive thing for me-- hopefully without hangover.

Weary Hag said...

Nuts! Now I feel like I should post something positive. Egad.
Hope things return to normal sometime soon for you. The good thing about a funk is that it always goes away, even if you don't want it to. Sometimes I thoroughly enjoy a good funk and some knucklehead comes along and makes me smile or worse, laugh. Ugh.The noive.

Anonymous said...

Strawberry Concretes???