Friday, July 04, 2008

I never work on September 16th

This morning as I was letting Regis do his duty in the front yard, I noticed the grass is really getting high. In my subdivision the grass is cut for us once or twice a week (or as often as it's needed). Considering it's July 4th, I figured we'll just have to put up with tall grass over the holiday weekend since everyone has the day off.

Then, ten minutes later I heard the drone of the mowers. Here they came, like a row of Space Invaders! Mowers? Working on the holiday???

And at that moment, I realized... they are Juan-mowers! Those guys don't care about the Forth of July... their independence day is September 16.

So, no worries. The lawn gets mowed today and everybody's happy.

Día feliz de Independencia to all. (except the lawn guys - but you guys have a happy day too)


(Yes, I realize this has broken all the PC rules. Get a grip. Did you ever notice that Chinese restaurants are open on Christmas day? Same deal... no biggie.)

2 comments:

Violet said...

This is one of the first years that I haven't had to work on the 4th of July.

C said...

juan mowers.... LMAOROF.... good one, dave...