Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Down a road...

While in Lincoln MO today, attending the funeral of a friend and visiting my Mom, I passed several things along Zion Church Road that were begging to be photographed. I stopped, got out of the car and snapped these with my iPhone.

This is the view looking west, right outside Lincoln. I'm not sure how long this road is, but for all I know it might go on forever. It looks more like a slice of time than a place.

Mailboxes always make interesting photos. Fill in your own caption here.

Agricultural products are Lincoln's primary export. This grain elevator just went up and it actually changes the skyline of Lincoln. (not so hard to do)

Zion Church Road's namesake. It's been there as long as I can remember. A beautiful piece of Americana.

I didn't have to pull over, nobody was coming for miles in any direction. Lincoln's kind of a lonely, quiet little place these days.

1 comment:

Blogarita said...

Feels almost like home.