Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Quick bitch session, even though I have the busiest day in the history of man... see how much I love you?

I am working on the air and doing the usual voice over work at home, so today I'm humping harder than dingos in the rain. Regardless, I still have time to pop on here and bitch a little.



This is a piece of shit. I have a TREO 650 through Cingular, and it sucks... sucks... SUCKS ass. First, it re-boots itself almost constantly. Then, it crashes every time it attempts to retrieve mail. I'm not sure if the TREO's software is corrupt, but the people who sell this piece of shit certainly are.

Cingular wouldn't allow me to buy insurance on this particular PDA. (nor would they sell insurance on the Razr cell phone I use) Apparently, they are tired of losing money on the TREO from needing to replace them every 30 to 60 days.

Nothing puts a bee in my bonnet faster than a company who sells products that don't deliver. (the 'bee in the bonnet' thing means 'pissed off,' and is something my grandma used to say - I'm not even really wearing a bonnet) (well maybe I am, how bad would that bee?)

Now I will have to make that call to Cingular, tell them about the TREO, tell them about the bee that's in this bonnet, (that I'm not wearing) and ask them to refund my money. I'm sure that around that time, the marmosets will begin flying out of my butt.


Fear the marmosets. Don't ask why, just do.

And fear Cingular's TREO.

12 comments:

Bob said...

Regardless of the warranty offered, the retailer that sells the item is legally obligated to stand behind it, unless they specifically sold the item "as-is". If it doesn't work the way it was marketed to work, Cingular is obligated to fix it or refund your money under the Uniform Commercial Code.

Don't back down. Make them refund your money. Cell companies are crooked. Half the time the contracts they make you sign aren't even legal.

Good luck.

I wanted a Treo 650. Now I'm glad my provider doesn't offer them.

Blogarita said...

I feel your pain, Dave.

I laugh at it, too.

Fantastagirl said...

awwwwwww
For once it sucks to be someone else rather than me. In Gotham City we have crappy cell phone providers, who provide even crappier service...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You have all this time to freakin' blog... yet... countless man hours have been spent trying to update your audio website and I cant even get you to send me an XML file. You think you have a bee in your precious little bonnet? You ought to see the hornets nest in mine. You redesinged your blog in twenty minutes? Sending the XML file takes 3. Ok... Im calm...

Lee Ann said...

Dingos huh? Interesting.
Do you remember the line spoken from Meryl Streep..."The Dingo ate my baby!"
Can't remember the movie at this moment. haha

You should try the HP Ipaq PDA.

Hope your day goes better Dave!

phoenix said...

LOL I warned against the Razr on my blog not that long ago! See you need to read me more!

They break and break ALOT. I bought the V360 and it does ALl the same stuff as the Razr, with less breakage! I don't do PDA's but don't back down!

Mara said...

LMDAO - humping harder than dingos in the rain - damn, I'm going to have to use that one!!

::smooches::
Mara

I'm WAY overworked here... blah.

Violet said...

really, seriously, i'm a little concerned with your recent obsession with marmosets... have you been taking advice from regis again? because, you know, he is afraid of his automatic water-er...

Amandarama said...

Cingular seems to have a habit of selling merchandise that shits the bed unless you handle it with kid gloves. I bought a phone from them that refused to hold a connection unless you turned it off for at least 5 minutes every day so it could talk to the mothership or something. Of course Cingular didn't tell me this until after I brought it back to try and exchange it. Assholes.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I think you're the only guy in the world who still thinks a TREO will ever work.

It is probably going to cost more than it's worth to get your money back. But, hell, maybe it's the principle....

Kim Leslie said...

Okay, okay. Don't get your nightie in a knot, as MY Grandmother would say. But if you are actually wearing a nightie, well, that's a whole nother blog entry. Just do what I do when I am on the air. Call them from the studio and tell them about the 100-thousand people listening who would just LOVE to hear about how useless this product and this company is. Granted, in your case, there may be considerably less people, but the effect is the same. You might want to make sure you don't have a Cinglar spot in the next stop set.

Chris Cope said...

The Bull's site is arse -- The DJ bios are convoluted and the whole thing appears to have been put together by a teenager with ADHD. Anyway, my point is: when can we tune in to hear you?