Sunday, January 30, 2005

I sound like I'm complaining AGAIN...

Since the Cubs are trading Sammy Sosa to the Orioles, the Cardinals/Cubs rivalry has lost some of its appeal. But to be honest, I'm only pretending to care. Screw the Cubs.

It has been an interesting weekend, to say the least. Friday night we went to the movies and saw "In Good Company." Really good flick, with a different ending than you'd expect. Afterward, we got in the truck - and ... nothing. The dealership told us the battery was bad... obviously not. Interesting to note, I was surprised to see how true-to-life the ON STAR commercials are. We had the truck towed and got home late. It was the starter all along. I wonder if the dealership will reimburse us for the unnecessary new battery.

Saturday we went to Danny's basketball game, then spent the evening at Fast Eddie's Bon Air in Alton, Illinois with a group of friends. Unfortunately, the place was completely packed when we got there, and it's up to you to find your own table. We spent about an hour looking for a place where we could all sit together. But the food was worth the wait, even though I was too sick to eat very much of it.

Today we hosted a birthday party for Tawnya's sister, and 23 people showed up. It was good to see everyone - although again, it's hard to find the energy to have fun when you feel like dung. Tawnya got an offer on one of her properties, so she's had a busy day. We ended the evening with a quick stop at a friend's for a glass of wine.

In the past 3 nights, I've gotten a total of about 9 hours of sleep. This cold is kicking my ass. Right now I can't imagine working tomorrow... because although I've been careful not to talk much this weekend, my voice sounds terrible.

I have to get some sleep - between Alka Seltzer Plus and Nyquil, I hope to finally hit the REM cycle.

No comments: