Thursday, August 21, 2008

Crash, bang, crack 'em up, put 'em back again



Sometimes I think our two vehicles are unwitting toys in a huge Smash-Up Derby.

As I was wiping off the front of the van after a wash a few days ago, I discovered it had been hit. Less than three thousand miles on it and it's already in the body shop.

Damn, that's all.

I'd love to have one of those dash cams and get the license plate of the person who hit the van. It would be lovely to send Officer Friendly to visit them and extract the $1,600 it's going to cost to fix the grill and bumper.

I'm a freak about taking care of a vehicle. I keep them clean, change the oil when it's needed and repair the least little thing that breaks. You pay a lot for a car so you might as well keep it ship shape.

Here are a few tips. You shouldn't have to touch the outside of your car unless you're washing it. Rubbing up against it causes scratches, and sitting metal or hard plastic items on the hood harms the paint.

The cups they give you at McDonalds leak, so if they're left in the cupholder, expect a sticky mess. (While we're on the subject of cupholders, they aren't change repositories.) Leaving bug juice on your car long-term will cause permanent marks. The trunk isn't a mobile storage space.

Don't get me wrong, I still leave shit in the trunk and an occasional cup in the cupholder. My bad!

3 comments:

Chris Johnson said...

You didn't need to post about your analness with your cars, we already knew!

LOL! ;D

Blogarita said...

I'm pretty sure my li'l brother had that Smash Up Derby set. (That sounds like Jim Stafford doing the singin'.)

Sorry about your van. :(

Clippy Mat said...

cars stress me out. keeping 'em clean that is. i keep the inside tidy and that's it! sorry 'bout that. :-)