Friday, August 29, 2008

Hockey: it's more than a sport, it's an insult

Now I have another term to be sick of.

Watching political coverage of this morning's announcement that Sarah Palin is John McCain's choice for VP, I've heard the term "hockey-mom" so much I want to puke.

Hockey-mom, soccer-mom, etc. are completely irritating nicknames. If I were a mother I would feel completely insulted.

And as I was writing this, there were two more HM references on the cable news channel I watch in the recording studio. God, STFU with hockey-mom already!

4 comments:

Blogarita said...

I noticed that, also. And had a similar reaction.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Terms like "Hockey-Mom" are offensive. We should show Gov. Palin more respect.

BTW, that's one smokin' hot MILF, isn't she?

Dave Morris said...

LBB: Word.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Did we breeze right through Scrabble Mom and not notice?