Saturday, July 14, 2007

And now, dudes jumping on trampolines!

Ever see The Man Show? It ended every week with "girls jumping on trampolines." I don't need to explain the virtues to you.

I jumped on a trampoline for the first time in 20 years today. More like 30 years. I was a kid in Los Angeles at the time, and the arcade next door to my mom's job had trampolines, and it cost 25 cents to jump for 15 minutes. I probably spent a dollar a day jumping.

Now that I think about it, I was 10 years old, so it's only been 23 years. ;)

And you know what? I wouldn't have gotten on the goddamn thing if I had remembered how much work it was.

We're in Youngstown, Ohio today with my friend Dave Steele. He's feeding us beef. I know that sounds dirty, but it's true... we bought an entire tenderloin at Sam's today and it's sizzling away on the grill right now. Lucky you, I have my camera.



You know you want some.


That's Dave, The Grillmaster. He's a prick and sometimes kind of feminine but he's OK.

Tomorrow, it's on to Dayton, Ohio to spend time with our friends Russ and Shelly. They have a pool. Emily has her bikini. You'll check back tomorrow, won't you?

7 comments:

Amandarama said...

Looks good! Did you send this whole post from the new phone?

Fantastagirl said...

LOL.. the kids were on a "Jump-o-lene" (as tink calls it) yesterday and loved it.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, I'll be here. But I am not sure you will (pool, bikini...). Take some tenderloin with you for those moments in which you find yourself hungry.

'Rita said...

Who's the kid and why did you knock her down?

Seals said...

Oh, shit! I love jumping on a trampoline.

Jill said...

I LOVED The Man Show - where did it go???

I bet your girl thinks this photo is hot, but all I can think of is Mike Myers as Austin Powers, "Yeah baby, yeah!"

Me! said...

Holy crap Dave... you were in Dayton and I didn't even know! Damnit. You were in my backyard!

I miss blogging,
Stacy (aka GoofyAssChick)