Friday, July 06, 2007

A 19 million dollar bowl

NASA must be high.

First, I remind you that the original budget for the international station was somewhere in the vicinity of 8 or 10 billion dollars. We are now at 100 BILLION. Eleven zeros. (more zeros than a St. Louis Cardinals scoreboard)

And NASA has just purchased a 19 million dollar toilet from the Russians.

Remember the story about how NASA spent millions researching a pen that could write in zero gravity, while the Russians just used a pencil? Apparently the Russians heard it too, and decided to grab part of the money NASA is throwing around like drunken ... sailors. I wish I could come up with a better metaphor, but I fear NASA will soon become the metaphor.

A 19 million dollar toilet. That certainly trumps the $700 pentagon toilet seat or the $1000 lag bolt. As I write my monthly check to the IRS, I find myself less and less tolerant of stories like these. Do you have any idea how much beer and pay-per-view I could be buying?

I've never seen a more disorganized, inefficient and corrupt organization than the US government. Maybe it's time to put the whole of Washington DC into their fancy new Russian toilet and give it a flush.

Naw. Then we'd have to pay a plumber 10 million to unclog it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great point, Dave. And consider this: roughly half the country wants the US government to run our entire healthcare system...

to make it MORE AFFORDABLE!

Fantastagirl said...

Talk about wasteful...

and I agree with Lightning Bug's butt - the US government has no business getting into the health care system... NONE.

Dr. Mike said...

In undergrad I wrote a satire on "The Million Dollar Space Toilet" and received a poor grade on it because, "It was rubbish."

Now I realize what was wrong.. I was off by 18 million dollars!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

It's funny...All this shit goes on and we never find out who did it. Congress sits on its fat butt waiting for the next election, instead of finding out who's responsible for this waste. Probably because it's Congress that's doing it.

Anonymous said...

afterthis election who will then be the whipping boy once G is gone?