Monday, November 27, 2006

Seven hundred thirty days

"With all the talk of blogging, I had to do it."

That's how, for whatever reason, I chose to begin my blog, two years ago, on November 27, 2004.

That may be one of the least creative openings of any blog. I mean Jesus, it makes me want to start over from scratch... but let's not fool ourselves. I've barely found enough BS to fill two years on this blog. I'm sticking with this one, weak start and all.

Over these two years, I've had over 200,000 page views and 107,000 distinct visits. Many come for pictures I've posted, some via search terms like "nubile nymphs" or "Britney Spears boobs." What can I do?

Many are friends stopping in to check on my development as a human being. (I'm pleased to report I'm making progress) Some are unwary "next blog" button pushers.

Whatever your reason for being here, on this occasion I would like to say something from my heart.

Mind your own f*ckin' business!

Kidding.

In honor of this auspicious day, I am treating myself to the traditional second year anniversary gift - cotton. Here's the t-shirt I'm buying myself.

I can hardly wait until next year, when the traditional gift is LEATHER! *evil grin*

Happy Blogiversary to me! If you'd have known, you would have baked a cake. Right?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Dave. You are one of the most interesting bloggers that I've had the pleasure of reading. Keep on keep'in on (Joe Dirt)!

Anonymous said...

Happy Annivers'ry Baby...got you on my miiiiiiiiind.

I, for one, am glad I was directed here by the wonderful Blogarita. It's always educational when I peek into Dave's Window.

Is this how you and Violet met? Through the blogworld?

... said...

Congrats....two years is quite a mile marker. I can't wait until I get that many visitors on my blog....long way away I am afraid.

Anonymous said...

It was all your talk of blogging that got me started, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, Happy Blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Leather. It's not just for breakfast anymore. Gosh, I'm asleep.

Anonymous said...

i remember when you were just some guy who had a blog that mike and paula called "dj dave."

it is true what they say - the couple that blogs together... oh, wait.

nevermind. i got nothin'...

Anonymous said...

We still call you DJ Dave. Strange, since we don't have any other friends named Dave.

Lee Ann said...

Wow....2 years and still going strong!
I am only at 1 1/2 years and don't know if I will make it to 2 years.
Congratulations sweetie!

MIA said...

Congratulations! You are quite the talented blogger. Great idea a leather HNT.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

No, but I woulda sent you some puke.