Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Quotables*

This morning's subtle, yet crystal clear reminder about life, courtesy of my Quickbooks program:

"You can't print blank checks."
Yeah, no shit. Thanks...
_____

Words to live by, from country singer Gary Allan:

"Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

Truer words? I can't remember any.
_____

Calvin Coolidge:

"If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that
nine will run into the ditch before they reach you."
Oh, how I pray for those ditches.
_____

Symbolism, courtesy of the Missouri Department of Transportation:
"Construction next 20 miles."

Then I glance at the thermometer - 101 degrees. Ain't that always the way it is?
_____

Roman philosopher Lucius Annaeus Seneca:

“I persist on praising not the life I lead, but that which I
ought to lead. I follow it at a mighty distance, crawling.”

Here, here.


Have a nice day!

*These may help you through the weekend, or at least give you
something to ponder. Sheesh! The things I do for you!

7 comments:

Violet said...

My favorite quote: "I'm a pretty big deal around here. People know me."

Name the movie, Dave! You should know it!

My second favorite quote: "Your mom goes to college."

Why are all my favorite quotes from movies? Oh, well...

mckay said...

wanna hear my own quote that i made up several years ago?

"my mind's a blank check"

it has so many levels. i'm deep.

Anonymous said...

How about:

"You don't see many dead cats in trees. Eventually you'll figure it out."

CP said...

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

CP.


(Your mom goes to college? Napoleon Dynamite~)

Kimmy said...

"Malen Sie nicht den Teufel auf der wand."

Words to live by...even if you're NOT German.

rachel said...

praising the life you lead? absolutely hilarious, brilliant

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

I love quotes. Thanks for posting these.