Thursday, February 24, 2005

Uh oh

What I'm reading about the Pope worries me. And I suppose I'm a real asshole for WHY it worries me.

We all know the Pope is not in good health. Now, he's been hospitalized again and given a tracheotomy.

Uh oh.

Look, as harsh as it may sound, I figure it's only a matter of time. God bless him, he's 84. He has pneumonia. But I hope he stays with us a little while longer for a really selfish reason. I have a morning show to do tomorrow, filling in for a guy on vacation... and I don't want to have to spend the morning talking about it. No disrespect, I just wouldn't know what to say. I'm not Catholic. I'd be finished after... oh, 15 seconds. But they would WANT me to spend the whole show talking about it and taking calls.

So John Paul, hang in there man. Kick this thing to the curb and get back to work. It's what we ALL want.

For our own reasons.

Side note: Today is Abe Vigoda's birthday. He's 84 also. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but... now you know.

No comments: