Saturday, February 05, 2005

Anal

On a quest to answer the question "am I normal?"

Note to friends: I know what you are thinking. Screw you.

I am the pickiest male I know regarding cleanliness. It's almost obsessive. If the kitchen sink has anything in it, I break a bead of sweat. My wife has a habit of soaking things. Casserole dishes, the blender caraffe... and all I can think of is, what if a family of mosquitos set up household in there?!?

I'm also a couch-cushion nazi... they need to be in a certain order and straight. What if we have company, for chrissake??

My yard needs to be tidy. (although I haven't picked up Regis' "debris field" in a while) I don't like newspapers in the yard. I don't like leaves or other organic refuse tainting the hedgerow.

And then there are the vehicles. We're on a road trip right now to Jefferson City to my brothers for Super Bowl weekend. My wife has been driving our pickup all week - and may I say one of my pet peeves is when people just throw spare change into the cup holder and it gets mixed in with dust, soda and straw papers. Then lipstick, pens, a gillion post-it-notes with outdated messages, CDs, McDonalds cups, coffee mugs, etc. collect in the floor of the passenger seat.

AAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Whew. I needed that.

So I cleaned out the truck and we're on the road. I'm connected via wireless through Cingular's EDGE network. Pretty cool. I'll check in later. I need to tidy up my computer bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey daddy! I was just reading your site...I find it somewhat interesting! lOl...You are a CLEAN FREAK. But, there is nothing wrong with that! Right? Well, since I don't have a blog...I had to post a comment anonymously! Oh well!
I love you daddy!
~Corkey

Spinning Girl said...

Just make sure you turn the light switch on & off 21 times before you leave any room, and again upon entering.