Really, I don't care about numbers, this blog is not a tool for my ego, (yeah, right) (no, it's really not) (yes it is, I'm all about my counter) (that's so not true!) (yes it is, and also I'm a comment whore) (no, I'm not) (whateva) but I thought it might be neat to see what other things around the world total 40,000:
- In Cameroon, the Yaounde water supply project cost 40,000 million CFAF, which, according to my calculations, is a shitload of CFAF.
- In June 2004, John Kerry proposed that the US add 40,000 additional active-duty troops to our armed services. That didn't happen, because the election didn't exactly go his way.
- 40,000 is the number of people in Karachi who were protesting the cartoons of Muhammed. Coincidentally, I just drew a set of balls on a picture of John the Baptist and nothing is being lit on fire here.
- 40,000 is the number of tools available at www.mytoolstore.com. ONE is the number of tools who host American Idol.
- $40,000 is the approximate cost of an Escalade, prior to adding the 15" subwoofers and spinner rims, which inevitably follow any Escalade purchase.
- 40,000 is the series number of the Microplane Kitchen Grater. Developed for the woodshop... perfected for the kitchen, it has patented cutting edges originally designed for shaving wood. The 40000 series Microplane® graters are the original woodworking/ kitchen tools.
Clearly I have a lot of company at 40,000. I can't wait to get to 69,000 - imagine what I can find Googling the number 69. (and that's just one very tame example)