Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Dah Bull

Rain falling but the coffee tastes good and I'm in a reasonably good mood today. Despite the Rams embarrassing loss last night on MNF! I don't think we'll win consistently again until major changes are made. Mike Martz is a brilliant offensive coordinator but a poor "coach."

I'm headed downtown today for lunch with a couple of friends. I'm going to start working vacation fill-in shifts for a country radio station called the BULL soon. Sometimes I like the idea of still being in radio, sometimes I just want to stay on the sidelines and do voice over stuff, where I've found my niche and been successful. (despite myself!)

We sat around last night and watched the game, then broke away when it was obvious we were going to lose - and watched TIVO'd Desperate Housewives and Boston Legal. Love those shows, but I can't decide if television is getting better or worse. The reality thing was COMPLETELY lost on me, I enjoyed the first SURVIVOR and a little of MTV's REAL WORLD, but reality TV is anything but... so they lost me almost from the start. I didn't get to bed until 1:30, but of COURSE I didn't go right to sleep. Watched TIVO'd Dennis Miller, and he's starting to irritate me with his blind following of all things Bush. Not that I don't support George W. Bush, but Miller refuses to even admit the Iraq mistakes. Too bad, he's starting to lose one of the only 100-thousand or so viewers he has.

So anyway, it was almost 2:30 when I finally dozed off. The phone rang at 8:00 this morning to get my day started. I GOTTA stop staying up so late, I need to catch up on sleep. But I can't seem to just put down the book or shut off the tube and close my eyes. I don't think it's insomnia but I'm not real sure why it's so hard for me lately.

More later, need to get the day started.

No comments: