Thursday, June 07, 2007

Memememememeeeee!

Borrowed from Blogarita, I've decided to complete a meme. Why? I got nothin' else.

Elaborate on your avatar.
Um, it's a picture. Of me.
What’s your current relationship status?
I cohabitate with a most lovely person, Violet. She loves me in spite of my many faults.
Ever have a near-death experience?
I've been married THREE times. So, of course I have.
What’s the name of the song that’s stuck in your head right now?
How did you know a song was stuck in my head? Eleanor Rigby. Got no idea why.
Name a celebrity you would marry.
As I've stated, I think I've been married plenty, thanks. I suppose the question really means what celebrity would you bed down. None. Okay, maybe Lisa Kudrow because she reminds me of Emily. (how's THAT for a PC answer??)
Who will cut and paste this meme first?
Maybe Dr. Mike because he wants to be just like me in every way. No wait, he never blogs anymore. Eh, prolly nobody. And I don't mean Nobody, I mean nobody.
Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
Yeah, somebody once said I vaguely resemble John Travolta. Someone else said Tim Robbins, which I can actually see (sans the blue eyes and advanced grey hair)
Do you wear a watch? What kind?

Funny you should ask. I am a watch collector. I know blogarita says they are obsolete, but I've always worn one. If I forget to put one on before I leave the house, I've actually been known to stop and buy one.

Anyway, I have about 10 watches, a couple of them pocket watches. Most of them are Citizen watches, one is a Seiko, and one is a collector's item Breitling, which is one of only 1000 like it in the world. How can you say watches are obsolete??? ;)

Edit: one of my favorite things to do with watches was from Robert Fulghum in one of his many books: remove all hands except the second hand. You never really know what time it is... you just know that it never stops moving and you should be making the best of it.

Do you have anything pierced?
Not intentionally.
Do you have any tattoos?
Not intentionally. There was that branding iron incident one night at the Yellow Rose country bar.
Do you like pain?
There are certain types of pain that are somewhat (strangely) appealing, such as the "pain" of a deep tissue massage. I am not a masochist, but I understand. (much the same way I'm not a murderer, but if you caught your spouse in bed with someone and killed that person, I understand) (Wow, that was pretty tangential)
Do you like to shop?
Oddly enough, I don't mind it. I can spend 10 hours in Sam's, Home Depot or Williams Sonoma. (I love kitchen stuff)
What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Um. Beer.
What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
I'm always putting meals on my American Express card, which isn't really a credit card since you pay it off every month. I am in card-payoff-mode, so I'm not charging much these days.
Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
Dr. Mike. I'm pretty sure it was one of our "usual" conversations, during which we do one of the following: make fun of somebody, discuss our next big scheme to make money, or figure out who's bringing the beer we'll drink on his patio.
What is on your desktop background?
On this computer, starfish under water. I have seven computers though... which is another story altogether. (I have a thing about buying computers - I have three laptops. Whenever a new model comes out, I have to have it. I admit it is a sickness) Violet has two computers, a laptop and a desktop. That makes NINE computers in the house. I got all KINDS of backgrounds!
What is the background on your cell phone?
Whatever it was when I bought it.
What was the last movie you watched?
Night at the Museum. Violet and I both gave it about 3 out of 5 stars. Kid flick. Plus, any movie where Dick Van Dyke plays a villain... automatically gets bumped down a star.
What was the last book you read?
Strangely enough, the last book I FINISHED was E=MC2 - A Biography of the World's Most Famous Equation. Before that, it was Sagan's Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors. Yep, I'm a geek reader.
You can feel free to propogate this meme to your own blog if you wish, or pick one of them to answer via comment here. I hope that by reading mine, you have more of an insight into what makes me tick. But prolly not.

5 comments:

Blogarita said...

Tim Robbins? I don't see it.

I see some Travolta, some Harry Anderson, and a little Dave Letterman.

But maybe I need new glasses.

Ginger said...

Mine should be posted momentarily. :)

rosemary said...

I have been reading your blog for a while and you answered a question I had and would never have asked. I looked at your pictures, have seen others in your posts and didn't know the V connection...now I do. She is lovely BTW. You are damm lucky and I hope she tells you that every day. Robbins Ok, Travolta....not so much.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Seven computers? So you can play chess against yourself, and the other five can watch? This is entirely too geeky, cousin.

I can see some Rosie, and a little Popeye.

Rising Rainbow said...

seven computers is just taking geeky way too far.