Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'll take "things that are ridiculous" for 200, Alex

Part 1:

There is a website that can predict the approximate year of your death. Or, spinning it in a more positive way, predict the length of your life. Yeah, that sounds better.

I should point out that I don't really think it's ridiculous, but since the title of my post is "things that are ridiculous..." I'm going to ask you to go with it.

According to the website, (found at Steve Mays' blog) my current "real age" is 32. (they say 40 is the new 30, right?) You get huge points for having family who live longer than average, for not smoking, and for eating breakfast. Also factored in, family disease history, etc. It says I should live to be 86 before I croak. Today, I am exactly half that.

It's all downhill from here.

-----

Part 2:

A British woman is apparently being held in Sudan, and may soon be whipped by the Sudanese government, for naming her teddy bear "Mohammed."

It gives you new respect for the freedoms we have in the US, doesn't it? In fact, as a result of that freedom, guess what I've just named my penis.*

Screw you, Sudan. (and we're at war with IRAQ??????)

-----

Part 3:

Credit card companies have now resorted to making people feel foolish for using cash.

Have you seen the latest Visa television campaign? Swipe... cool. Swipe... party! Swipe, HAPPY!!! Cash... everything grinds... to... a... halt. (and the cash person looks like a real loser)

It's obvious Americans are facing a reality check right now. They've spent themselves into debt, mortgaged themselves into a corner, and have been forced to slow the use of credit cards as a result. Citigroup has announced huge layoffs, written off billions from sub-prime mortgage losses, and stock analysts are recommending their clients sell C.

So we get to see how cool it is to use your credit card. (youtube examples of the commercials)

*Slappy Johnson, but I'll bet you thought Muhammed, right?

8 comments:

Blogarita said...

I'm expected to outlive you by 7 years. Whose blog will I read then?

Violet said...

My real age is 14.2 years old. So that means your real age 32-year-old knocked up a real age 14-year-old. That's a little weird.

Anonymous said...

Great point on the credit cards, BDD. I've seen that commercial.

How effective, that advertising. Use our product or risk being a rube.

Fantastagirl said...

I'm rude - I use cash...Actually it's because the cashier's don't know how to count back your change.

My real age - 22.1 and I'm gonna live to be 84... not tooo bad.

Diana said...

My real age- 20.9 (which means I'll be 21 soon....got another reason to go out and party! LOL!)
Life Expectancy- 88.1

mckay said...

testing at 28.7 here. living to 92.3. i sure hope i find me a man to live this super duper long life with. i may have to give my prospects this test to see if they qualify.

Anonymous said...

I will apparently live another 13,500 days. I hope the writers strike ends by then.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

No, I thought MOhammed. Damn.